Tuesday, 18 June 2013

DIY Cork Board Upgrade

My neighbour Teresa, who is also my Avon lady, gave me an old cork board she had that had come apart as she thought I might be able to do something with it.
I got an old pillow case and some acrylic paint that is very close to the colour of my walls to upgrade it.
I opened the pillowcase and folded it around the cork board for a snug fit.
I used thumb tacks to hold the pillowcase in place until all four corners were done.
Once it was in place, I stapled the corners.
This is the cork board done without it's frame yet.
One coat of the acrylic paint on the parts of the frame.
And now looking better with two coats.
Here is the final result.

No comments:

Post a Comment